Articles and Discussions
This section is a collection of articles, reference materials, discussions and general information on a range of topics, including the more controversial ones.
List of Articles:
- Lessons from an Urban Back Yard Food Forest Experiment – an article I wrote for Permaculture Research Institute about my garden.
- Why Food Forests? – an article I wrote for Permaculture Research Institute, which discusses the reasons why food forests are far more productive than commercial agricultural practices, and why we should be using this model of food production above other approaches.
- Permaculture Lawns - an article I wrote for Permaculture Research Institute, a light hearted but educational article that examines the application of Permaculture design principles in the context of one of the most controversial areas, lawns!.
- Permaculture and Philosophy - an article I wrote for Permaculture Research Institute, an in-depth examination of the controversial subject of the place of philosophy in Permaculture.
- Food Forests and Earth Stewardship - an article I wrote for Permaculture Research Institute, which examine humanity’s relationship to Nature, how it has changed over time, how we can reclaim our unique ecological niche through Permaculture and food forests, and the benefits gained from reclaiming our rightful place as stewards of the Nature.
- Perennial Plants and Permaculture - an article I wrote for Permaculture Research Institute, which examines the reasons for using perennial plants in Permaculture food production systems, and the ecological benefits gained by doing this, which is contrasted against the impact of annual food production systems on soils in terms of salinity and erosion.
- Food Forests and Natural Pest Control – Observations - this article is about my observations of the effectiveness of natural pest controls in a food forest garden over a four year period in comparison to two hydroponic systems which I utilised as my experimental controls.