SGA (Sustainable Gardening Australia) is holding its second training forum providing gardeners with practical advice on how to reconnect gardens with the surrounding environment.
Make a booking for "Nature’s Tool Kit For Pest Management : Win / Win Outcomes For Gardener And Environment" and join us in a discussion on how our pest management choices affect the surrounding flora and fauna. Learn about pest management approaches that work with the environment, that avoid the use of damaging chemicals and that provide a healthier outcome for ourselves and nature.
Date : Saturday 18th April 2015
Venue : CERES Environmental Park, Brunswick East
Time : 1.00pm to 4.00pm
- Integrated Pest Management
- Impacts of broad spectrum insecticides on beneficial insects
- Good bugs / bad bugs
- The role of companion planting in pest management
- Denis Crawford – Author of the recently published book ‘Garden Pests, Diseases & Good Bugs: The Ultimate Illustrated Guide for Australian Gardeners.’ A regular contributor to Gardening Australia magazine and Hort Journal Australia and writer of the blog oneminutebugs.com.au;
- Angelica Cameron – Entomologist and integrated pest management consultant at IPM Technologies, award winning sustainable home gardener and a professional gardener;
- Angelo Eliades – Presenter, trainer and writer in the areas of sustainable gardening and permaculture, award winning sustainable home gardener and owner of Deep Green Permaculture.
- Practical examples
- Q&A session