Permaculture North Central Victoria is very pleased to announce
Lisa Heenan will MC and Darren J. Doherty (aka Regrarians) will present at
- ‘A Celebration Connecting the Many Facets of a Permanent Culture’ with SOIL HEALTH KEY to ALL
….from the home garden, community space and small acreage farm to the management of crown land, large farm and broad acre property.
***Latest Update – Costa Georgiadis, host of ABC Gardening Australia, will be at the event to give a talk on community gardens!
- A Special Screening of ‘Fair Food – The Documentary’
** it’s a must see ** – Featuring Costa Georgiadis, Colin Seis and other equally impressive Innovative Food Producers
– Watch Trailer here : https://vimeo.com/110541745
WHEN: Sunday 3rd May 2015 (International Permaculture Day, in the International Year of SOILS)
WHERE: CERES Environment Park, Corner Roberts and Stewart Streets, Brunswick East, 3057
> EVENING PROGRAM:
- 5.00 – 5.30pm – meet, greet and eat – light refreshments available.
- 6.30pm – 7.30pm – Screening: Fair Food
- 7.30pm – 8.30pm – Panel Discussion and Q&A
– Please read Background and Bios below –
Q&A Panel: Dr. Nick Rose – Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance (AFSA), Darren J. Doherty – Regrarians, Tammi Jonas – Jonai farms & President AFSA, Lyn Kelson – The Green Cocky, Kirsten Larsen – Open Food Network and Angelo Eliades – Deep Green Permaculture
+ A NOTE DONATION would be appreciated +
Please Book your Attendance for the Fair Food screening:
> DAY PROGRAM:
FREE ENTRY to our EVENT and PRESENTATIONS
- 12.00 – 12.30pm An Introduction to Permanent Culture: Carol Henderson
- 12.30 – 1.00 pm Community Gardens: Costa Georgiadis, host of ABC Gardening Australia
- 1.00 – 1.30pm A Conversation with Permablitz Co-founder – Adam Grubb
- 1.30 – 2.30pm Soil – it all begins here – Lyn Kelson
- 2.30 – 3.30pm Food Forests in the back & front yards & beyond – Angelo Eliades
- 3.30 – 4.30pm Broad Acre Regeneration – Darren Doherty
- 4.30 – 5.00pm Fair Food Buying Options – Kirsten Larsen and Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance (AFSA) Nick Rose
We Invite Your Participation –
Connect – Please get in touch as soon as possible via email PermChatOZ@gmail.com to express your interest in:
- Presenting – Great Exposure for you or your Group – An Intro to Permaculture EOI Invited
- Holding a stall – Payment by way of a note donation for commercial entities which will be directed to Permaculture North Central Victoria. A donation is voluntary for non-profits who would like to hold a stall.
- Volunteering – All manner of help is needed.
- Supporting – Come one, come all (from wherever that may be) to enjoy the day.
- Sharing – your assistance in getting these details out to your network will be much appreciated.
Background and Bios
Before Permaculture was coined by David Holmgren and Bill Mollison (almost 40 years ago) there were others who practiced and taught about a Permanent Culture. So on International Permaculture Day we want to celebrate not only Permaculture but also to share the knowledge of all exponents who have contributed towards the way in which we can Grow Fresh Local and Ethically Produced REAL FOOD whilst caring for our Planet and its People.
- Permaculture North Central Victoria is an Incorporated Landcare Group which embraces the Permaculture Principles and Ethics to bring about informal education and networking events both online and in-person, especially participatory, such as workshops, field days and the general sharing of knowledge on the best practices for the management of our community and private lands particularly within the NCCMA Region. It is fitting that this alliance has been established as Landcare was started by a group of farmers near St Arnaud and Permaculture’s co-creator David Holmgren practices Permaculture at his home Melliodora in Hepburn which are both townships within the NCCMA Region.
- Darren J. Doherty is a 5th generation Bendigo region farmer, developer, author & trainer and has been involved in the design & development of nearly 2000, mostly broad acre projects across 6 continents in close to 50 countries. Darren together with his wife Lisa Heenan and their daughter Isaebella are Directors of Regrarians Ltd., a family operated non-profit. Regrarians Charter: Our primary responsibility is to the regenerative enhancement of the biosphere’s ecosystem processes. Our secondary responsibility is to provide the potential for people to be informed about the regenerative economy, whether it involves their work in agriculture, land management, corporate life, domestic services, manufacturing or other activities that are within the reasonable domain of humans…
- Fair Food Documentary is a collaboration between Australian Food Sovereignty Alliance (AFSA) and The Field Institute. Fair Food documents the people pioneering new approaches to food production and distribution. Doctor Nick Rose of AFSA says. “This film sends a message that everyone should hear: the Australian food system is dysfunctional. As a country, we need to support the pioneers who are healing it. That’s just the right thing to do.”
- Kirsten Larsen is a Director of Eaterprises Australia, a social enterprise focused on transforming the way food is produced, distributed and exchanged. She is a founder of the South East Food Hub, the Australian Food Hubs Network and the Open Food Network – an open source platform empowering interconnected communities of food producers, distributors and buyers to co-create new food systems.
- Tammi Jonas is the President of AFSA and practices what she advocates as an ethical farmer and on-farm meat smith. Together with her partner, Stuart and three ethicurean children, she raises rare breed Large Black free range pigs and Lowline cattle at Jonai Farms near Daylesford.
- Lyn Kelson, ‘The Green Cocky‘, is committed to enhancing community understanding about our diverse and dynamic ecosystem. Lyn discovered the amazing world of soil biology and how this impacts soil health and farm productivity when, together with her partner, Phil, she began operating a small chemical free beef production farm near Drummond.
- Angelo Eliades from Deepgreenpermaculture.com is a passionate forest gardening advocate, and has a thriving demonstration Permaculture food forest garden in Melbourne’s inner northern suburbs which he regularly opens to the public.
- Carol Henderson loves growing and sharing food. With a background in teaching and community development, she has applied skills learned in the Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) Course in many contexts. Carol is currently undertaking a Masters of Urban Horticulture at Melbourne University (Burnley). At CERES Carol coordinates Vocational Training and teaches Certificate II in Horticulture. She is also a School Food Garden Educator at Cultivating Community
- As well as directing VEG Adam Grubb helps organise the global permablitz network, writes and does regular radio appearances, keeps bees, and lives in a beautiful garden in Brunswick. He is also a well-known expert on edible weeds and co-author with his wife Annie Raser-Rowland of The Weed Forager’s Handbook
Connect with Permaculture North Central Victoria –
Bookings for Fair Food Screening: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/25878