In a previous article, we looked at 15 herbs you can grow indoors, and shortly afterwards I was contacted by an Australian company who have released an innovative new product for growing herbs and other edibles indoors, which I will hopefully test and review soon. This product sounds like it would be of interest to indoor produce gardeners, so we’re sharing it with you!
The UrbiPod, by Australian company Urbotanica, is an innovative appliance that makes clever use of the principles of physics to help even brown thumbs easily grow plants indoors – all year round right there in your kitchen. Designed and manufactured in Australia the UrbiPod:
- Takes the guesswork out of growing so you can be successful
- Comes with all you need to start growing – no need to purchase anything else
- Is equipped with a self-watering irrigation system that uses capillary or wicking action instead of pumps to draw up water from the reservoir, keeping your plants watered without supervision for two to four weeks at a time
- Provides automatic delivery of the all-natural liquid mineral nutrient
- Each growing Pod has its own water reservoir, allowing plants to survive outside the UrbiPod for up to three days – thus enabling extra Pods and more growing options
- Beautifully designed to sit amongst modern kitchen appliances
- Is highly energy efficient via its state of the art LED lighting
- Super easy to set up and operate
- Manufactured in Australia and gives back to the community by partnering with disability services provider Activ Foundation for product assembly
The newest model enables the customer to grow a wide variety of herbs, salads, edible flowers, microgreens, mini chillies and superfoods like wheatgrass. Kitchen and Bathrooms Quarterly featured the UrbiPod as one of the must have kitchen gadgets for 2019.
GYO Solutions Pty Ltd ACN 600 879 856 I Suite 5, 19 York Street, Subiaco, Western Australia 6008